Construction disputes have become increasingly more complex as clients are forced to deal with change order disputes, warranty claims, HUD regulations, Builder’s Trust Act claims, perfecting construction liens and resolving zoning disputes. Ellias & Elias, P.C. has trial lawyers who are experienced in this specialized area of litigation and who have represented owners, architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in all facets of construction litigation.
The following are examples of some of the Construction Litigation services which Ellias & Elias, P.C. has provided our clients in the past:
- Successfully litigating zoning dispute blocking multi-million dollar ski resort development.
- Successfully litigating contract claims against charter school defendant which resulted in $400,000 recovery for contractor client.
- Successfully litigating contract claims against public school district defendant which resulted in $350,000 recovery for contractor client.
- Successfully litigating contract claims against hospital which resulted in $1,000,000 settlement paid to contractor client.
- Successfully defending developers against Michigan Construction Building Fund Act claims, settling litigation and preserving client’s building license.
- Successfully defending builder client against $100,000 claim for breach of contract and violation of Michigan Consumer Protection Act and secured summary dismissal of all claims.