Jane Elias is a no-nonsense attorney whose clients depend on her efficiency, drafting expertise and tough negotiating skills to make sure that their interests are being protected. Her more than 20 years of corporate and transactional experience has convinced her that business is tough enough without entering into questionable deals with hastily and inadequately drafted contracts. As a result, she firmly believes that an ounce of drafting prevention is worth a pound of litigation cure.
Jane has focused her practice on Real Estate, Business, Sales and Acquisitions, Financing, Estate Planning, Veterans Benefits, Estate Administration and Probate.
Her Real Estate experience includes representing builders and developers in all stages of land acquisition and development, from preparing and negotiating condominium documents, purchase agreements and financing to obtaining and interpreting environmental assessments. Jane has provided such representation for real estate developments across the Country.
Her Sales and Acquisitions experience includes assisting clients with the purchase and sale of various businesses, such as shopping centers, supermarkets, automotive suppliers, florists, medical and professional practices and manufacturers. In assisting such clients, Jane has successfully helped her clients prepare Investor Packages, prepare necessary SEC filings and assist with obtaining licensing, such as Michigan liquor control commission approval.
Her Estate Planning and Estate Administration practice incorporates clients with estates ranging from $100,000 to $30,000,000. In addition, Jane has assisted clients with all phases of estate administration and probate, from filing of the initial application to closing the estate, from trust administration to preparing federal estate tax returns, and negotiating and successfully entering into settlements with the Internal Revenue Service regarding estate tax return audits.
Some of her past projects include:
- Negotiating over $20 million of mezzanine and primary financing for real estate developer client.
- Negotiating, drafting and closing on the purchase agreement for the acquisition of a $10,000,000 shopping center.
- Preparing private-offering materials for $1,400,000 investor deal for real estate developer client.
- Successfully negotiating a settlement with the estate tax division of the Internal Revenue Service resulting in over $350,000 in estate taxes savings to client.
- Successfully negotiating the purchase of a U.S. automotive supplier by her Canadian client.
- Representing clients to successfully obtain guardianship over minors and incapacitated individuals.
Contact Jane Elias to discuss how she and Ellias & Elias, P.C. can assist you.
- State Bar of Michigan, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2000
- VA Accreditation, 2013
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 1992
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., Literature and Rhetoric, 1985
- State Bar of Michigan (Member, Sections on: Business Law; Real Property; Taxation; Probate and Estate Planning)
- American Bar Association (Member, Sections on: Business Law; Taxation)