Christine R. Essique is a highly-skilled litigator with over 20 years experience in the practice areas of Commercial Litigation and Labor & Employment Law. She has represented clients in commercial, business tort, trade secret and insurance coverage disputes and has litigated at both the trial and appellate level. She has represented clients in discrimination and wrongful discharge matters in state and federal court cases at both the trial and appellate level. In addition, she counsels clients with respect to the avoidance of litigation arising from employee terminations and stemming from other controversies in addition to preparing employment policies, employee handbooks and employment agreements and conducting I-9 audits.
The following are a few examples of the results which Christine has achieved for her clients:
- Successfully obtained summary disposition as to liability in tortious interference action resulting in near-million dollar verdict for client.
- Successfully obtained summary disposition in employer’s favor in race, national origin, sex, and reverse sex discrimination actions.
- Successfully obtained summary disposition in employer’s favor in wrongful and retaliatory discharge actions.
- Successfully obtained injunctions against renegade employees pursuant to non-competition agreements at both the trial level and on emergency appeal to the Michigan Court of Appeals.
- Successfully defended employee against breach of non-competition agreement at the trial level.
Contact Christine Essique to discuss how she and Ellias & Elias, P.C. can assist you.
Christine R. Essique
- Michigan, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2013
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 1992
- University of Michigan-Dearborn, B.A., with distinction, International Studies, 1988
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Association of Justice