David J. Ingber has focused his practice on the areas of taxation, business law, real estate and estate planning for over fourteen years. His experience in taxation includes representation before the Internal Revenue Service, the State of Michigan Department of Treasury and various local municipalities. He is involved in various tax planning aspects on a continual basis for his clients. He also has experience in obtaining installment agreements involving tax liabilities with both the Internal Revenue Service and State of Michigan.
David has a large estate planning practice and experience with both large and small estates. He custom drafts each estate plan to meet the needs and desires of his clients. His estate planning practice includes the use of various trusts, private foundations, special needs trusts, medicaid planning and succession planning techniques.
His past projects include:
- Successfully obtaining approximately $1,000,000 in Michigan Single Business Tax Brownfield Redevelopment Credits for a real estate developer.
- Corporate restructuring of a major residential home builder and developer.
- Residential real estate syndication.
- Establishing a special needs trust for a child as a part of his client’s estate plan.
- Successfully obtained control of a website for a client who was the victim of cyber squatting.
- Successfully defended a client in an IRS passive loss audit.
- Successfully obtained favorable installment agreements for his clients with the IRS for past due tax liabilities.
- Assisted in the sale of a printing business to a publicly traded company.
- Assisted in the acquisition of grocery stores for a local family.
- Successfully negotiated a bank work out agreement for a rental real estate investor.
- Successfully obtained Michigan liquor licenses for grocery store clients.
- Successfully negotiated a succession plan for an automotive parts seller.
Contact David J. Ingber to discuss how he and Ellias & Elias, P.C. can assist you.